Apples are not only low-histamine, but they are also considered anti-inflammatory. These can be used as a snack alone, on top of some homemade yogurt, or as a breakfast side – eggs, pancakes. You could also cook these most of the way and top with a grain-free, gluten-free rolled out pie crust and pop in the oven at 350F for about 20 minutes. Don’t hold me to that last part – you’ll have to try it out to work out the precision!
Apple Hash-browns (SCD/Low-Histamine)
- 6 fuji apples, peeled and diced
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/8-1/4 tsp ginger
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Pan fry oil and apples for a few moments.
- Drizzle honey over apples. Toss them around to disperse honey.
- Add ginger and salt. Toss them around to disperse honey.
- When they begin to brown, stir them and top with a lid for approximately 5-10 minutes. Check them a few times(also, stir) to see when you are satisfied with the coloring and texture.