In preparation for coming off of prednisone and trying to stay off of biologics, I’m keeping it very simply SCD and low-histamine until I get my results back from my LEAP/MRT food sensitivity blood-work that I intend to get done on July 26th. So, I threw this together as a trial run, and it’s really good. You can make these two ways. Pictures are of the first, but I prefer the second. Enjoy!
Zucchini Fritters (SCD/Low-Histamine)
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled (diced or spiralized)
- 3 egg yolks (whites are higher histamine)
- 1/4 cup of dry curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp marjoram (or basil, sage, thyme, etc)
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Way One – Diced: Pan fry the oil and diced zucchini until soft. Remove and mash. Add the DCCC, whisk. Whisk in the yolks and seasonings. Careful not to cook the yolks. Cook 1/4 cup at a time over medium-high heat. Careful not to burn.
- Way Two – Spiralized: Roughly cut the spiralized zucchini into smaller strands. Lightly pan fry in oil. Remove from heat. Mix the yolks, seasonings, and DCCC. Pour over the zucchini and mix. Cook 1/4-1/3 cup at a time over medium-high hear. Careful not to burn.