Over the weekend my boyfriend and I hosted a little dinner and we used this sauce to glaze our chicken as it baked. We also used the remaining portion as a sauce to dip the chicken in. It’s really delicious.
I believe you can sub out a decent variety of fruits for the apricots such as cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, and so on.
- 3 lbs of apricots (approximately 21)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- pinch of salt
- Cut apricots in half and remove seed. Boil/steam the apricots and then immediately cool down with cold water. Remove skins and place flesh back into the pot.
- Add honey and butter to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Add seasonings and simmer for 30 minutes or so, until you reach the desired consistency. The sauce should stick to the spoon.
- Stir occasionally during the simmer. Mash or use an immersion blender to “spot blend” around halfway through simmering (keep some parts a little chunkier by doing this or blend totally if you want a smooth sauce).
- Remove from heat and cool down. Store in a mason jar. Freeze or use within 2 weeks.