I’m about to start my LEAP/MRT program next weekend and I am very limited in all of the food categories. I have chosen to view this as a challenge instead of a hindrance. Let’s see how long that lasts!
I made some walnut and cashew flour foccacia bread last night (to use up my flour) and, while it was not ideal for pizza, it is pretty good in general. I am still on a search for the perfect pizza crust on SCD as I miss this food the most. Going forward for a while, I will be limited to only pecan flour.
Note: I doubled the recipe and used three 8×8 pans. You can also add a topping like seasonings or cheese before placing into the oven.
Original recipe: click here.
SCD Foccacia Bread (Tweak)
- 2 cups walnut and cashew flour (any nut or nut combo of flour)
- 7 oz dry curd cottage cheese or dripped yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tespcoarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Add butter, eggs, and cheese to food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. The edges will brown.
- Cool before cutting.