The inspiration for this sauce comes from duck sauce. It’s not quite the same, but it does give you the sweet compliment to spicy mustard. I think that a proper duck sauce could be made using apricots and oranges in some fashion. Unfortunately, I cannot eat apricots.
SCD Asian Sweet Sauce
- Half of the marinade from my Ginger Orange Beef Jerky recipe
- 1/2 to 1 cup of honey (depends on your taste)
- Combine ingredients in sauce pan.
- Cook down on low until desired thickness is reached. I did about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool. ***It will thicken more as it cools, so take that into consideration when deciding when to remove it from the heat.