I have not introduced crab yet for LEAP. I was finally able to find lump crab meat with no other ingredients besides pasteurized crab (Whole Foods). I’ve combed through some recipes out there to come up with my own SCD legal recipe that also reduces fat (no mayo here). I am currently trying to increase my protein intake and level my fat intake off to about the same percentage – more into a keto realm.
Here is the nutritional breakdown for (1) crab cake:
- 96 calories
- 2g fat
- 1g saturated
- 116mg cholesterol
- 351mg sodium
- 1g carbohydrate
- 0g sugar
- 0g dietary fiber
- 18g protein
Crab Cakes (Low-Fat)
– 2 cups lump crab meat
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 1 tsp yellow mustard
– 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
– 1/2 tbsp onion powder
– 1/2 tbsp parsley, dried
– 1 large egg
– 1/4 cup cashew flour
– 2 tsp ghee (or butter) for frying
- Combine all ingredients, except the ghee, until well mixed.
2. Form patties that are about 3 inches in diameter.
3. Over medium heat, melt the ghee and fry the crab cakes for 2-4 minutes per side. They will be done when crispy and golden.
*I simply combine honey and yellow mustard for a sauce at a 1:1 ratio.
**I consider (2) cakes as (1) serving and made these into 6 cakes accordingly.