Sesame seeds and tahini are considered a more advanced SCD food. Please post share variations you try! These taste a bit like snickerdoodles.
Tahini Date Cookies
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes (fine shred)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Mix all ingredients except the dates until well blended. Mix in the dates.
- Drop and flatten the cookies onto the prepped cookie sheet.
- For 20 cookies, bake 10 minutes. For 15 cookies, bake 12 to 15 minutes depending on how crunchy you want them.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
All ingredients from nutmeg down are interchangeable and optional. You can replace the tahini with any natural nut butter. Some other options to consider: ginger, cinnamon, coriander, allspice, pumpkin spice, chopped nuts, raisins, chopped apricots, chopped figs, etc.