Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. – Frank Zappa
Here I am on day 5 of my nicotine experiment and I couldn’t wait to update my status. I feel great. And, most importantly, confident.
On days 1 through 3 I used the 7mg patch. As of yesterday, day 4, I moved on to the 14mg patch. I had a tiny bit of nausea today that went away within a half hour. This occurred around noon. The ravenous hunger from
prednisone Satan’s tic-tacs? Immediately gone. The mood swings from prednisone Satan’s tic-tacs? Gone. The weird breakout under my left arm? Still here (thanks, pred).
In the meantime, I decided that I will switch to vaping as of Saturday the 22nd. It took a lot for me to make this decision as I had originally intended to use the patch only, but my decision is based on having more control of my dosage and cost effectiveness.
My plan, or hope, for all of this is:
- Come completely off of prednisone successfully (22nd)
- Get my LEAP/MRT food sensitivity testing (26th)
- Stay on mesalamine (4.8gm oral + rectal)
- Stay on the Specific Carbohydrate diet on a fanatic level
- Combine my LEAP/MRT results with SCD
- Gradually reduce my oral mesalamine dosage in approximately 6 months*
- Reducing 1 pill every month*
- Gradually reduce frequency of rectal mesalamine*
- Every other day, every two days, etc*
- Gradually reduce nicotine dosage*
- 18mg at the highest level, dropping by 3mg each month or so*
- See if I can maintain remission solely on the Specific Carbohydrate diet and LEAP/MRT results*
- Redo the LEAP/MRT blood work as needed
- Our bodies change every so many years
*Pending inflammation test results and symptom status.
I will also be weaning myself off of PPI’s (Prilosec) as I have done in the past. This one is pretty tough to do, but I have a plan (of course). I am hoping that the food sensitivity panel will help my GERD as well as my dermographia, asthma (allergic), and generally horrible seasonal allergies. I’m trying to take out all of these MTHFRs!
Speaking of MTHFRs, I also sent in my 23andMe sample yesterday. This will show me if I have any of 3 specific genetic mutations related to GI issues and allow me to better guide my eating habits. I can’t wait to see!
I did a lot of research to find a vape juice I can use on SCD. Here is what I ended up with and I am excited to try it. They have a flavorless nicotine juice and use only VG: https://www.kindjuice.com/. My boyfriend gave me an old mod he had, but I also purchased a smaller vape pen called the Rocket 3 from https://www.vaporfi.com/.
Wish me luck. I need it!